About Us

Bradford Technical School - now Bradford College Old Building

Bradford College Textile Archive celebrates Bradford’s industrial, educational & cultural history since it emerged as the world leading pioneer affectionately named Worstedopolis in the nineteenth century.

Situated in Bradford College’s Old Building, which opened in 1882 to deliver textile tuition to support the burgeoning industrialisation, our archive collections offer rich inspiration for designers and authentic  records for academic researchers of the textile industries, and local  social and economic history.